03 March 2008

Health care rally at Denver capitol

The AP had interesting coverage of the rally today.
Dozens rally for health care at state Capitol

Associated Press - March 3, 2008 4:34 PM ET

DENVER (AP) - Health-care advocates are asking Colorado lawmakers not to wait for the federal government to find a way to insure 790,000 residents who don't have coverage.

Dozens of people rallied at the Capitol Monday urging the Legislature to act.

Governor Bill Ritter has made health coverage a priority but is rejecting demands to support a single-payer plan.

He says Colorado needs a slower approach that is affordable and that helps control costs.

Ritter's initial $25 million plan would cover about a quarter Colorado's uninsured residents.

The plan calls for expanding children's health coverage, creating a center for improving value in health care and helping consumers find the best insurance.
Ritter's plan won't cover a quarter of Colorado's uninsured.

I didn't hear demands for him to support single-payer, and I didn't hear him reject single-payer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to read about the death of your brother Paul. What a tragedy for all of you as a family. My heart goes out to you. A great injustice was committed. It is shameful that we live in a country that cares so little about the health of its citizens. I stumbled upon your blog after researching on the internet about the misdiagnosis of appendicitis. I would like to share the story of my 14-year-old daughter with you and her appendicitis/ruptured appendix. She was also misdiagnosed. My e-mail is "jenbkmom2@yahoo.com" and my name is Jennifer. I live in Illinois. Thank you.Sincerely, Jen