The Cover America Tour begins with a bus with speakers that's traveling around to bring focus on this issue. Shades of Healthcare Now! That's exactly what Donna and Larry Smith did last autumn.
They're not single-payer, but it looks to me like most of their information points in that direction. Take a look at their media page - one of the choices there is a piece on "Six Prescriptions for Change," which reports the results of a survey of what Americans want (on a page titled: "Health-care security: Losing confidence in the health-care system." Their findings:
- Coverage for all uninsured children.
- Protection against financial ruin due to a major illness or accident.
- The ability to obtain coverage regardless of a pre-existing condition.
- Coverage that continues even when people are laid off, changing jobs, or starting their own business.
- Premiums, deductibles, and out-of- pocket expenses that are affordable relative to family income.
- The ability of people to keep their current health insurance if they choose.